odd noises in my head

dimanche, janvier 23, 2005

i think i really do like war ...

i guess you probably shouldn't say that i have an aptitude in dilligence. nor one in spelling. the truth is that i just haven't really been interested in paying any attention to current events, and less interested in my oddly perverse, dare i say masturbatory, ejaculation of mental garbage all over the internet.

i think it's partly that i, like most americans, really do love the war, in a closet sort of sense. i don't even pay attention any more. some fools died today. oh yeah, and yesterday too. and i think the day before that. but it just seems like the same news everyday. and on and on with the excuses.

i just don't care about anything. and that really kind of hampers how much i put in this journal. fuck, i mean, i didn't even finish my thoughts on that fucking bin laden bull shit. whatever. i am not very creative. and something.

so to make a long story short, i don't have much to say. sorry. but now i am going to go and play war on video games, lamenting the fact that i will not get to watch the football games tomorrow, in lieu of work. i hate work. and i love football. but fuck, i am calling in sick for the superbowl all ready.

2 Comments:

  • Ever hear of Joe Sacco? He's got a comic called "How I learned to love the war" from the first round in the Gulf. I think you'd like it. It's in a compilation of his comics called "The Defeatist". You might want to check it out.
    Also, what's this job bit about? Where are you working now?

    By Blogger smokey spice, at 8:48 PM  

  • Ooops, I forgot to say that I'm kind of in the same funk regarding current events. The most important things I can think of going on now are the elections in Iraq, the recovery from the Tsunami, and Holocaust memorial event against a backdrop of Israeli violence against Palestinians. I find myself avoiding the details lately. I think it's some kind of psychological exhaustion. What next, I wonder.

    By Blogger smokey spice, at 9:09 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home